The photo above, from the Duke University Archives, shows the building from the south in 1861, with President Braxton Craven and the all-male student body posing in their new role as commander and cadet corps of the “Trinity Guard.” The three-story brick building appears similar to any of the five cotton mills built on Deep River from 1838-1850, and in fact the college building was the focal point of Trinity in exactly the same manner as the factory was the raison-d’etre of any mill village.
Welcome to the Bureau of Land Management(BLM), General Land Office (GLO) Records Automation web site.
We provide live access to Federal land conveyance records for the Public Land States, including image access to more than five million Federal land title records issued between 1788 and the present.
We also have images of survey plats and field notes, land status records, and control document index records.
Due to organization of documents in the GLO collection, this site does not currently contain every Federal title record issued for the Public Land States.
THE LIBRARY OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA lph County Seal was adopted by the County Commissioners at their meeting on February 5, 1973. APPENDIX: 246-277 BIBLIOGRAPHY 278-280 CREDITS: 280-281 MAPS: 282-283 INDEXES: 284-304 (Note: The narrative is set in Times Roman type; the il- lustrative material is in italics.) »' , ! These ancient mountains were formed by volcanic action and erosion and look very much today as they did in the 1700's. a word which has at least a dozen spellings and an Indian origin.